TikTok and Edkasa are partnering to reward scholarships to 18,000 deserving students from across Pakistan in their bid to make the nation ‘ExamReady’. Teaming up with one of Pakistan’s premier institutions, LUMS, the duo will award students with 2 months of Edkasa’s free studying material and access to an exam pack for whichever grade/board/exam they opt for. The scholarships will be awarded in accordance with criteria and guidelines set jointly by all three partners.
The following Terms and Conditions shall serve as the Agreement between the Donors and the Recipient:
Edkasa and TikTok (hereinafter referred as‘Donors’) are offering a Scholarship Program which will be implemented by Edkasa. The scholarships shall be awarded to 18,000 high school students (hereinafter referred as‘Recipients’), all over Pakistan. The scholarships will be awarded in accordance with the criteria and guidelines set jointly between Edkasa and LUMS as aligned and agreed with TikTok.
Donors and Recipients shall collectively be called ‘Parties’. NOW THEREFOREthe Parties have agreed as follows:
- Agreement means terms and conditions that shall govern the relationship between the donor and the recipient;
- Applicants means interested students who apply for the scholarship program;
- Scholarship Program means Edkasa providing 18,000 high school students across Pakistan free of charge access to the Edkasa education platform (and all the content therein) for a period of two (2) months from the date of award;
- Term means the duration of the scholarship program;
- Resource Material meaning exam pack ONLY for the selected grade and exam. Exam pack includes access to the Video lectures and quizzes within the Edkasa Application for the grade, board and subject selectedby the Recipients.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY
- High School students enrolled in Matriculation and Intermediate level education, across Pakistan, are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Program.
- The scholarships will be awarded in accordance with the criteria and guidelines set jointly between Donors and the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
- Scholarships shall be distributed nationwide with a special focus on students hailing from remote areas.
- Students belonging to disadvantaged communities having limited access to academic guidance shall be given preference.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND SELECTION
- Applicants shall be required to download the Edkasa Application from Google Play store/ Apple Appstore etc. and fill out a survey available on the Application.
- Applicants shall also have to agree to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- LUMS shall evaluate the profiles of the interested students as per their selection criteria.
- Recipients shall be informed about the grant of scholarship through the Edkasa Application, via notification.
- Pursuant to clause 6.1, the recipients shall have to provide the required information to the Donor.
- The selection of the Recipients is the sole prerogative of the Donor and the allocation of scholarships shall be done at their discretion. The Donor is not liable to provide any reasoning/justification for their decision nor are the Applicants entitled to challenge the decision or ask for additional information.
- Donors reserve the rights to amend the terms and conditions of the Scholarship at their sole discretion.
MODE OF LEARNING
- The mode of learning would be online/remote.
- The Recipients shall have complete access to Edkasa’s exam pack ONLY for the selected grade and exam. Exam pack includes access to the Video lectures and quizzes within the Edkasa App for the respective grade, board and subject selectedby the Recipients.
- Recipients shall have the choice to change their selected subjects and boards from the Edkasa Application and doing so shall not revoke their scholarship.
TERM OF THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- The Term of the scholarship program shall be 2 months.
- Scholarships shall be granted the throughout the term, to a total of 18,000 Recipients, for a period of two (2) months each, commencing from the date of award.
- Scholarship recipients may be asked to provide the following information to the Donors:
- Name of the recipient.
- Class/Program they are currently enrolled in
- School they are enrolled in
- Result cards
- Any other information that the Donors may legally require
REVOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
- The scholarship, once awarded, may be revoked at the discretion of the Donors.
CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION
- The Recipients of the Scholarship hereby give irrevocable permission to the Donors to use their name, area of residence, application performance and results of board examination for marketing purposes.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Recipients assume all responsibility and risk with respect to their use of the Resource Material, which is provided without warranties, representations or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, with regard to information accessed from or via our Resource Material. The Resource Materials are provided without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of content or information, uninterrupted access, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Donor and TikTok do not warrant that the availability of the Resource Materials will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our Application or the servers that make the Resource Materials available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The use of our Resource Materials is at the Recipients’ sole risk and Recipients assume full responsibility for placing reliance on the Resource Materials. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind related to the use of Resource Material.
- In no event will the Donors, their affiliates, their respective content or service providers, or any of our or their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, suppliers or employees be liable to the Recipients for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, losses or causes of action, arising from the Recipients’ use of, or the inability to use, or the or the content of the Resource Materials accessed through TikTok, even if the Donor are advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This Agreement contains the sole and entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
- Recipients fully acknowledge that the Resource Materials are intellectual property of the Donor, and the Donor has permitted the Recipients ONLY to access and view them.
- Recipients fully understand and accept that the Resource Materials can only be used by the Recipients and no one else shall have access to them.
- Recipients further acknowledge that they strictly prohibited from sharing the Resource Materials with non-recipients of the Scholarship.
- If any of the provisions of the Agreement are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining Agreement, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Courts at Lahore shall have exclusive jurisdiction with regards to all matters arising hereunder.
- The failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms by the Donors will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us is effective unless it is communicated to you in writing.
- The Parties shall not be considered to be in default or breach of this Agreement, and shall be excused from performance if and to the extent it shall be delayed in or prevented from performing or carrying out any of the provisions of this Agreement, arising out of or from any act, omission, or circumstance by or in consequence of any act of God, labor disturbance, sabotage, failure of contractors or suppliers of materials, act of the public enemy, war, invasion, insurrection, riot, fire, storm, flood, ice, earthquake, explosion, epidemic, breakage or accident to machinery or equipment or any other cause or causes beyond such Party’s reasonable control, including any curtailment, order, regulation, or restriction imposed by governmental, military or lawfully established civilian authorities, or by making of repairs necessitated by an emergency circumstance not limited to those listed above upon the property or equipment of the Party or property or equipment of others which is deemed under the Operational Control of the Party. AForce Majeureevent does not include an act of negligence or Intentional Wrongdoing by a Party. Any Party claiming a Force Majeure event shall use reasonable diligence to remove the condition that prevents performance and shall not be entitled to suspend performance of its obligations in any greater scope or for any longer duration than is required by the Force Majeure event. Each Party shall use its best efforts to mitigate the effects of such Force Majeure event, remedy its inability to perform, and resume full performance of its obligations hereunder. The Affected Party when suffering from a Force Majeure event shall notify the other Party in writing (Notice of Force Majeure event) as soon as reasonably practicable specifying the cause of the event, the scope of commitments under the Agreement affected by the event, and a good faith estimate of the time required to restore full performance. Except for those commitments identified in the Notice of Force Majeure Event, the Affected Party shall not be relieved of its responsibility to fully perform as to all other commitments in the Agreement.